Virtual Internship - Creative Development, Animation (Fall 2022)
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
If you’ve ever dreamt of what the early days of Hollywood must have been like, of what it takes to roll up your sleeves and break new ground, figure out a new process, and to one day say, “I was there when it all began,” then welcome aboard…
Creative Development at Skydance helps filmmakers build and define their visions; we are looking for individuals with a passion for Animated storytelling, research, and project management to work in a fast-paced, hands-on and collaborative environment.
Our internship program offers its own unique opportunities for learning and engagement with content creators in our Animation studio as well as representatives from all divisions, including live-action and interactive. You will have the chance to network and meet with Skydance leaders, learn transferable skills, and gain real-world experience. It is an experience ideal for those moving from classroom to the industry.
**Please note, this is not an artistic program.
This is a paid internship that will be held virtually. Please include an intro/cover letter in your application, either attached with resume or included within "Additional Information."
- Cultivate an understanding of the Creative Development process as it pertains to Animated content
- Read a variety of incoming scripts and prepare written coverage reports
- Participation in pitches and interdepartmental meetings with Skydance leadership
- Work on project specific, industry-based research, and create presentations
- Research and stay current with trending industry topics via online trades, stories, etc.
- Attend department and creative sessions as appropriate and assist with meeting notes
- Maintenance of distribution lists, mailing lists, filing systems
- Handle confidential correspondence, reports, presentations and other documents
- + much more!
- Please note, this is not an artistic program
- Must be available for 10-week virtual program (Monday, October 3 – Thursday, December 8)
- Must be available full-time, Mondays/Wednesdays/Thursdays 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM Pacific Time, for the duration of the program
- Must be currently enrolled in an Associate, Bachelor or Master’s program at an accredited institution at the time of program participation
- Passion for the Animation/Entertainment industry, with a focus on creative writing and/or development
- Proficiency in Google tools and MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Self-starter with proficient writing and critical thinking skills, attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced media environment
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at email@example.com.
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 1970-01-01