Video & Motion Editor
GetMega is one of the first skill based Real Money Gaming platform for the smartphone generation of the world. We are building a platform where players are pitted against each other to compete in various games requiring skills like Reaction, Attention, Spatial and Logic Reasoning, Visual and Auditory Processing etc. We haver games accross various categories including some of the well known cards and casual game. You should definitely checkout our app at www.getmega.com
GetMega is founded by two Computer Sciences Undergraduates from IIT Kanpur who have previously run and sold VC funded startup in the logistics domain. We are based out of Bengaluru, India and have raised multi-million dollar funding from Top-Tier Institutional Venture Capitalists to disrupt the multi-billion dollar skill based gaming market around the world.
Do you cut clean, edit fast and render faster? Do you dream of creating the perfect visuals - matching the right scene, the right sound, the right feel, the right shapes and the right motion? We are looking for a Video & Motion Editor who can create and edit videos and motion graphics for exciting product videos, ads & short films.
Values of a Motion Graphics Artist
Love all things film & motion: If you find yourself constantly looking up AE tutorials, new effects and visuals, and audio-visual references across all mediums - blogs, essays, games, films & animations on the internet, then you have it sorted!
Take creative ownership: Can you see yourself scanning a video frame-by-frame to ensure it looks great, sounds better & feels perfect? Because that is exactly what you’ll need to do, as your skill as a motion graphic artist will define the aesthetic output of the videos you work on.
Get involved & learn: You will dive deep into video pre-production, production, post-production, color & motion. You will constantly update your motion graphic skills to produce visually engaging output with efficiency.
Pay attention to detail: You should enjoy adding (or removing) elements that enhance the mood of videos, and find joy in fixing even the smallest of errors. The devil is in the details!
Play for the team: You’ll be a part of a dynamic startup, working in a Video Production team, and will get to work with different artists, writers, developers, designers, animators, planners, & musicians. You should be willing to seek feedback from others & give them constructive feedback.
What you’d be doing
- Edit and adapt live action & motion graphics templates for various advertisements/videos.
- Execute motion graphics edits for product videos, tutorials, live-action & mixed media ads, social media videos & YouTube videos.
- Edit new as well as existing video content into various formats (e.g. changes in aspect ratio), trimming existing content as per platform requirements
- Ensure you proactively seek feedback from the team, and collaborate & work on it, thus minimizing the total time taken to produce videos, while maintaining aesthetic consistency
- Develop a deeper understanding of motion, storytelling, colors, composition, animation & sound, while following the brand guidelines
Superpowers you’ll need to be a success in this role
- Special interest in motion graphics & video editing
- Extensive knowledge of creative tools : Essential Video Editing Tools Adobe Premiere Pro (1+yr Experience) ; Understanding of Color Correction & Grading ; Knowledge of DaVinci Resolve etc would be a plus point ; Essential Motion Tools ; After Effects (1+yr Experience) ; Being organized and having the ability to handle complex compositions is essential ; Adobe Suite Tools ; Basics of Photoshop & Illustrator ; Being comfortable with Spreadsheets
- Ability to research & learn from relevant online resources when needed
- The ability to plan well, execute fast, deliver before time, and stay on top of the work schedule
- Personal accountability, strong work ethic & integrity to reach your goals, demonstrating a sense of urgency & ownership
- Exposure to social media platforms & formats is a plus
- 2+ years of experience as Video Editor/Motion Graphics Artist. A Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s Degree or equivalent in visual arts/graphic design/animation/film or any other relevant field.
- Candidates with client/agency experience will be given preference.
What would you get from GetMega?
- The rare opportunity to join one of the hottest Indian startups with multi-million dollar funding. We are not just another gaming studio, but are creating the largest skilling platform in the world.
- Obvious sweet perks like daily catered breakfast and lunches, endless coffee, and dry snacks. We believe in enabling our employees by removing trivial tasks like packing breakfast/ordering lunch/going out for coffee etc.
- Swanky custom-built office space. It's a fact that any individual spends a major portion of their lives in office. There's no reason to cut corners in providing the best office space ever.
- Reimbursements. The company will reimburse any expense made by an employee to reach our goals. Period.
- We are open to giving out any benefits which will further empower our employees to create the GetMega which we collectively envision.
GetMega is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company that celebrates and develops individuals of all backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants.
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 1970-01-01