PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
We are searching for a VFX Manager! This role will supervise the VFX department and help maintain the quality and artistic consistency of the department by upholding high visual standards set by the Art Director. This role is also responsible for the career management, training, and well-being of our VFX team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Works closely with Art Director to maintain quality and style consistent across all visual effects.
- Provides direction to visual effects artists for aesthetic and technical considerations.
- Creates and animates real-time digital effects elements to meet and enhance art direction, including effects that reflect physical dynamics of natural phenomena.
- Works closely with the design and gameplay teams to produce visual effects that support gameplay, accessibility, and the user experience.
- Works closely with the Tool and Engine team to develop new or improve upon old technologies to improve visual effect quality.
- Works closely with art and animation teams to produce spectacle cinematic moments and support game narrative.
- Works with Project Management to maintain a clear and consistent schedule.
- Works to develop the skills of other Visual Effects Artists.
- Participates in the planning for a project’s visual effects.
- Works with other departments to ensure that assets are delivered in a timely manner.
- Supervise bug distribution and verify bug fixes.
- Ensures that all complaints and concerns related to inappropriate or unprofessional conduct in the workplace, are addressed immediately to foster a safe work environment.
- Other duties may apply
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and reviewing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
Seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with Maya and visual effects packages, proficient working with joints and locators, keyframing, rigid body simulations.
- Advanced understanding of complex node-based shader networks such as those used in Unreal Engine 4, Houdini, etc.
- Proficient in Photoshop for painting and editing textures. Knowledge of other visual effects software a plus.
If this sounds like a good fit for your next career opportunity, please apply directly to the role by submitting your application below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23