VFX Artist - Remote/Hybrid
Are you an artist with a broad range of skills, with a passion for creating amazing game experiences? Are you looking for a new opportunity in a friendly, respectful and exciting studio? Auroch Digital is looking for artists to help deliver a broad range of games, from retro-inspired action games to stylized, top-down strategy & management games.
Auroch are part of the Sumo Group of companies, originally established in 2010 and with an extensive catalogue, including Mars Horizon and Dark Future: Blood Red States. We have an exciting stable of licensed and independent IP games in development including our upcoming beer brewing hobby game Brewmaster. Our diverse, friendly, and enthusiastic team are based in the centre of Bristol, but we are open to remote working for the right candidate. We have a company ethos that strongly values work-life balance and supporting our people to grow. We want our people to have a positive influence on other team members and a passion to support others.
As a VFX artist, you will have one or more game production cycles in a team. You have a good understanding of VFX within real time game development and great artist ability, with a portfolio/showreel reflecting this. You are also comfortable working within a multi-disciplinary team and creating work of varying styles based on project art direction.
The successful candidate will work on a stylised game based on an original IP.
- Create high quality visuals that work within a project’s art direction, optimised for real time game development.
- Work with the project leads to establish VFX pipelines and styles.
- Communicate across all disciplines to aid with collaboration.
- Participate in feedback and planning sessions with the team.
- Estimate task times and help prioritize tasks.
- Keeping up to date with the latest VFX trends and techniques and bringing this knowledge to the team.
- Experience as a VFX Artist working on commercial game projects or equivalent experience in other industries.
- A portfolio/Showreel demonstrating experience in creating high quality VFX, with a focus on in-engine presentation and gameplay.
- Experience working in real time engines such as Unreal Engine 5 and Unity.
- Experience working with material creation using ShaderGraph / Material Editors.
- Knowledge of 3D software such as 3D Studio Max, Maya or Blender.
- Knowledge of 2D software such as Photoshop.
- A strong sense of aesthetics, quality, and style, with an interest to adapt to different art styles based on the project.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Strong ability to self-direct and problem solve as needed; proactive in seeking feedback and support.
- Able to provide feedback to colleagues in a positive, supporting, and constructive manner.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a cross-discipline team as needed.
- Traditional art skills.
- Experience working with scripting languages.
- Experience with Unity VFX Graph and/or Unreal Engine 4’s Niagara Systems.
· We don’t agree with using crunch (here's our take on it)
· We won’t get in the way of you working on your own indie dev projects in your own time
· Remote, office based or hybrid are all totally fine working options
· 27 days holiday total (including your Birthday off!) which increases for long term service
- The option to take three months unpaid sabbatical leave after three years of service
· Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
· Flexible working
· Pensions contribution
- Dental cover
- Life insurance
- Income protection
- A pot of money to spend in Uchoose on extra benefits like health insurance, adding family members etc.
· Ongoing support for training and career development, including 5 learning days a year, 1 of which can be
used for volunteering
Your application should include a short covering letter explaining a little about your previous experience and why you think you would be a good fit for the role, and a current CV with relevant work history. Though not required, if you have a portfolio or examples of previous work please also include them with your application.
Apply for this job
Location: Auroch Digital, BristolDate posted: 2023-01-03