VFX Artist II - TFT, Gameplay
As a VFX Artist II on the Teamfight Tactics Team, you will report to the VFX Art Lead. You will support a variety of projects in the lab team, both in craft and game-play as we create assets that will both surprise and delight players. Workdays will vary from a wide range of products from Environment VFX, unique Damage Missiles, Little Legends, converting League of Legends champions, Traits, new gameplay mechanics and any future VFX needs for League of legend feature game mode. You will work closely with Delivery manager, Designers, Engineers, other discipline artists and the Art lead to stay aligned on vision and priorities. Quickly mediate and resolve craft disagreements and misalignments. Help Engineers and Designers solve problems on new exciting gameplay for Teamfight Tactics and feature game mode.
Being a part of the Real-Time VFX group, you’ll have the opportunities to design and help implement the sleek, dynamic and dramatic special effects that add atmosphere and depth to gameplay. With your experience, you’ll create aesthetically astounding visual effects that communicate essential game information. You’ll use your artistic and technical skills to breathe life into undead spells, channel primal emotions and capture the essence of hundreds of champions.
- Work with designers to help create exciting and new gameplay
- Update iconic effects from Summoner's Rift into TeamfightTactics
- Design and help implement the Clear, Atmospheric and eye catching effects
- Balance visual satisfaction and gameplay clarity while working to ensure amazing effects are accurately representing a given action or state
- Use your craft skills to draw, paint, animate and model as-needed
- Find creative and effective solutions to tackle difficult problems in production. Help product owners and designers understand clarity and implementation needs and help make decisions based on those needs
- A deep understanding of League of Legends and Auto Battlers to ensure cohesion between products
- 3+ years of experience creating real-time stylized VFX in games
- Skills in 3D/2D Software - Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop
- Experience creating high-quality, stylized real-time VFX
- Proficiency in VFX development, including fundamentals like timing, shape language, color theory.
- Knowledge of the Auto Battler genre, ideally League of Legends, as it pertains to game design, isometric content and visual clarity
- Experience working and communicating with several designers
- Development experience creating materials and PBR assets within modern game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc)
- Familiarity with the League of Legends IP and skins universes
- Experience with the League of Legends tools and pipeline
- Tools experience: have worked in several tools, pipelines, and game engines.
- Experience giving direction and delivering clear, constructive feedback to vendors
As a part of the application process, you will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of your work and may be asked to complete an art test.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $110,000 USD - $154,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Location: Los Angeles, USAJob Id: REQ-0006496Date posted: 2023-01-04