VFX Artist - CA Sofia
We are looking for a talented VFX Artist to join our team creating effects for a new project in our studio in Sofia, Bulgaria. You will be working on innovative titles with an experienced team of developers where you will have the opportunity to really shape the game. You will have the chance to develop your expertise on unique projects and work as part of a world class team.
A good communicator and organiser, they will be an integral part of the team, producing high quality and performant visuals.
Note: Applications for this role must include a portfolio/showreel (or link to a portfolio/showreel). Applications that do not have this information will not be considered.
As a VFX artist on the team, you will be working with people from multiple disciplines to create amazing VFX for our games. You will be producing meshes, textures, particle systems, simulations, shaders and all other assets needed for VFX. Improving existing assets in terms of performance and fidelity is another aspect of the role.
You will also be tasked with improving and automating existing pipelines for VFX creation as well as designing and implementing new ones. The VFX artist will be expected to maintain documentation and knowledge-base related to the VFX pipelines.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience with particle systems
- Experience in creating VFX for real-time applications
- Familiarity with modern practices and workflows for creating visual effects
- Ability to create textures, meshes and other components for real-time VFX
- Ability to create shaders with visual scripting (substance designer, unreal engine)
- A good eye for detail
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in a team, accept feedback and follow the art direction
- HLSL knowledge
- Experience with Python, MEL, maxscript, vex or other scripting languages
- Experience as a VFX artist for real-time applications
- Shipped games as a VFX artist
- Familiarity with version control systems
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Location: Sofia, BulgariaDate posted: 2023-01-03