Unity Technologies is rapidly growing. We are seeking a User Experience Researcher who is curious, motivated, organized, innovative, and able to handle ambiguity to help with understanding our users’ needs and translating that into practical insights our product and engineering teams can use to build the best products in the market.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead research initiatives that inform feature, product, and business decisions.
- Plan, design, implement, and distill complex ideas into succinct thoughts and impactful storytelling for relevant research questions using a toolkit of research methods to build empathy for users across the organization.
- Partner with cross-discipline product teams of UX Designers and Researchers, Product Managers, Developers, and Quality Assurance.
- Adapt and innovate research methods to meet product needs in a fast paced work environment while maintaining research quality using excellent written and oral communication skills.
What we’re looking for
- Experience with User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, and/or applied product research
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables from generative, formative, and summative research
- Familiarity with design thinking
You might also have
- Familiarity with 3D Real-Time engines and/or game development.
- Past experience with facilitating design workshops
- Familiarity with unmoderated testing tools (e.g., UserTesting, Validately, etc and with advanced survey tools (e.g., Qualtrics).
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: New York, NY, USADate posted: 2022-01-20