WHO WE ARE
We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo is not good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players, which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
We are looking for a UX Designer interested in improving the interaction between players and our game. Do you dream of better ways to teach players where the fun in a game can be found? Are you an advocate for accessible design principles? Do you enjoy building consensus between disciplines to create final products that engage and delight players? Are you the type of person that loves to speak on behalf of the players and potential players of a game? Do you believe in human centered design and applying it to video games? If any of this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
WHY JOIN THE ARENANET UX TEAM?
The UX team at ArenaNet are the voices for the player when we are designing, building, and polishing our experiences. We collaborate closely across multiple disciplines to bring our knowledge to bear on a wide array of problem sets and are a critical part of taking ideas and turning them into interactions for players. We also believe that a healthy team is the first step to making fun, engaging games. And a healthy team is one of mutual respect, psychological safety, and diversity. We believe that new perspectives and voices help us to improve our game and find the best ideas
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a UX Designer, you will utilize your love of games along with your innovation and creative problem-solving skills to define and craft experiences that affect our players over the lifetime of their relationship with the products that we (and you) develop.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- You’ll need to have a strong understand of UX best practices in games and of game design fundamentals.
- Experience taking open-ended and complex problems and turning them into clear solutions that can be implemented in a game
- Proven ability to communicate clearly with a variety of different disciplines, to drive consensus, and to always be a voice for the player experience
- Familiarity with taking a UX idea from brainstorm through prototype to final implementation within a video game
- If you have experience with user research, human psychology, cognitive development, or behavioral sciences.
- If you’ve spent time working on accessibility within games that would be an amazing bonus!
- Must include resume with a link to your online portfolio.
Location: Bellevue, WADate posted: 2021-12-11