UX Designer, PlayStation Direct
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
UX Designer, PlayStation Direct
San Francisco OR Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for passionate UX Designer to play a key role in shaping the future of the world’s largest game and content distribution platform. You will partner with a cross-functional team of product managers, researchers, writers, engineers, and business partners to ideate and craft experiences that delight our users.
As part of the larger SONY design community, you will join our PS Direct team at Los Angeles, and will become a part of the global design group that respects and celebrates the value of design, design thinking and design process. Collaborate with designers both locally and globally to elevate the standard of design across the organization.
An ideal candidate possesses passion, dedication, and skills vital to deliver best-in-class products and experiences. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build empathy for our players and their needs when looking for their next great game and PS hardware
- Turn complex sets of requirements into simple, easy-to-use experiences that balance business needs and customer value
- Communicate and build consensus with cross-functional teams and key stakeholders
- Deliver high-quality design solutions, paired with detail specifications for implementation
- Partner with UX research, product management and engineering to ensure alignment throughout the process
- Actively manage and prioritize work in order to deliver designs in a timely manner
- BA/BS degree in design related studies, or equivalent experience as a UX Designer
- Portfolio demonstrating proficiency in interaction design and visual design
- Proficient in Sketch, Figma, and working knowledge of emerging software
- Deep experience working within a technical environment that includes both hardware and software
- Knowledge and experience of eCommerce platform
- Portfolio demonstrating design across multiple screen types and formats
- Experience designing for a global audience in multiple languages
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23