User Research Manager (449)
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Develop the User Research lab and provide development teams with a better understanding of player behaviour through the use of research and analytics.
- Prioritise demands from various projects to make or carry out play-tests or studies while defining the priorities;
- Prepare the planning for the play-tests/studies to take place;
- Write test briefing and plans, analyse results and write play-test reports;
- Follow up corrections and improvements made by the development team and flag any issues;
- Oversee quality control and ensure deadlines are met and manage the user research lab budget with the Head of Finance;
- Define the recruitment strategy for play testers and develop process and recruitment materials that allow different socio-demographic profiles to be easily recruited;
- Create or facilitate bespoke playtests when needed (i.e. in situ, open beta, etc.);
- Promote department services to external groups (development, marketing, editorial teams etc.);
- Develop the User Researchers to enable them to achieve the User Research Lab objectives;
- Follow up with stakeholders and gauge their level of satisfaction;
- Act as a hiring manager to recruit highly skilled talents for the User Research Lab;
- Develop analytics, tools and methodologies within the studio;
- Deploy internal playtest best practices and tools (infopath / DNA / open beta tracking tools);
- Be responsible for studio playtest areas (material , competition analysis, fun time), videogames library and policies;
- Produce benchmarks and analysis of competitors’ games;
- Create thematic studies on the studio’s precise demands;
- Present opinions on game design and quality upon request to production team and / or management team;
- Be an ambassador for game play culture within the studio and the wider group;
- Ensure compliance with the studio in-situ play testing policy and suggest changes, updates and improvements to the policy;
- Complete any associated ad-hoc tasks or project work as required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong leadership and management skills is a must;
- Knowledge in BI / Analytics/metrics approach;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential;
- Ability to multi-task and manage many initiatives simultaneously;
- Excellent video game knowledge (both Ubisoft games and competitor products);
- Ability to communicate professionally and comfortably across all levels of the Ubisoft business, including external partners and contacts;
- Strong ability to manage tasks and projects from concept through to completion;
- Task driven, self-motivated, excellent time management skills;
- Excellent initiative and proactive attitude;
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft suite e.g. Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Strong ability to organise and present information.
- Extensive knowledge in HCI, Computer Science, Psychology or other relevant experience gained from practical work experience or academic studies.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.
Location: Leamington Spa, UKDate posted: 2021-12-11