Unannounced Project - User Researcher
Bungie is seeking a User Researcher to join our team. In this role, you will positively impact the development of an exciting unannounced project at Bungie by providing actionable insights based on representative player feedback.
You will work closely with both development and marketing teams to create and execute comprehensive research plans for Bungie products. To address burning questions about player interactions and motivations, you’ll design research plans, conduct studies, and transform data into meaningful insights about player perceptions, sentiment, and gaming experiences. You'll create persuasive reports and visualizations to demonstrate opportunities to improve our player experiences, brand positioning, and marketing executions.
This position will require strong quantitative and data visualization skills, in addition to qualitative skills. The User Researcher role will partner with teams across Bungie to tackle a wide range of research objectives. Be prepared to collaborate with game and UX designers, producers, marketers, and data scientists. If you are an advocate for excellent player experiences, an avid gamer, and you enjoy data, you may be the ideal candidate to join Bungie's User Research team!
- Collaborate with our marketing & development teams to identify research opportunities and arrange the collection of feedback to inform our decisions
- Design and conduct research studies using a variety of research methods – including but not limited to surveys, focus groups, usability testing, and interviews
- Analyze data to provide meaningful, impactful insights about players
- Present your analysis and recommendations through powerful visualizations and concise reports
- Own and manage part of the UR team's infrastructure (such as the UR lab)
- 2+ years of user research experience in consumer-facing business/industry setting
- Ability to develop open-ended, ambiguous questions into hypotheses for investigation
- Strong research and experimental design background
- Experience with a variety of user research techniques, along with the ability to create new ones as appropriate
- Strong data analysis skills (both quantitative and qualitative) and understanding of basic statistics
- Experience with data visualization
- Demonstrated ability to persuade stakeholders and positively impact user experiences using data
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly organized and attentive to details
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Passion for making great player experiences
- Advanced degree in psychology, UCD, HCI, or related field
- Familiarity with the gaming market and industry trends
- Enthusiasm for games!
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23