Unannounced Project - Social Systems Designer (Senior to Staff)
Bungie is seeking a passionate, creative, organized, and team-focused Game Designer for an exciting Unannounced Game. This role will be responsible for the creative design and technical implementation of social systems, the player’s sense of history, and memorializing their achievements.
As a Senior/Staff Social Systems Designer you are often the pioneer of new experiences and technology, working with a variety of different disciplines to conceptualize, prove out, and iterate on experiences that improve the interactions and social connections between players. You will lead a small cross-discipline team to deliver those systems, unblocking and empowering all members of the team and ensuring collaboration across related disciplines.
- Write, iterate on, and drive design specs inspired by the best of games across genres and platforms
- Gather feedback from everyone on the team to continually improve all ideas
- Build alignment with all stakeholders across the team
- Guide a multi-disciplinary team to build sustainable, amazing social systems that excite and engage players
- Utilize your skillset to setup and upgrade player experiences, including everything from social systems, progression, achievements, ranked systems, and everything in between
- Willingness to take on challenging, complex, and difficult design problems
- Experience designing systems for a world class game
- Ability to communicate effectively across all disciplines (written and verbal)
- Technical experience; ability to write text-based scripts (scripting in a Lua, Python, or similar language) in a game editor
- Desire to work as part of a large team; taking feedback and direction appropriately, and the motivation to work independently
- Experience working on multiple areas of systems design (progression, economy, etc.)
- Experience working on multiplayer, shared world games
- Experience being part of online communities (guilds, clans, groups, etc.) as a player or leader
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23