Test Engineer – Blockchain
As a Test Engineer on the Blockchain team, you are responsible for identifying and highlighting problems with the blockchain related systems built by the team, including smart contract behaviour, frontend usability, and in-game mechanics. You will proactively participate in discussions with the team regarding technical issues, user experience, and improving team processes. You will create detailed test plans, run tests, triage issues, identify opportunities for automation, and write the necessary scripts and tools to scale the testing framework. This is a critical position with ownership of the overall quality and robustness of the blockchain systems the team develops.
We would consider candidates looking for remote work for this position.
- Functional and regression testing of smart contracts, frontends, APIs, and game systems.
- Establish QA processes and best practices.
- Build automated tests and maintain the overall test framework.
- Write and present reports on system quality, health, and stability.
- Prioritize, plan, and manage assigned tasks.
- Communicate clearly with other team members with minimal external help.
- Stay curious and up to date on blockchain technology and related industry trends.
- Previous experience as a QA, Automation, or Test Engineer.
- Previous experience with black-box testing, regression testing, system integration testing, and load testing.
- Experience with relevant testing tools (WebDriver, PhantomJS, Mocha, Waffle, etc.).
- Understanding of modern web and blockchain technologies.
- Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
- (Bonus) Experience writing and testing smart contracts and Web3 apps.
- (Bonus) Experience working in game development.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23