The Documentation team at Unity is growing! Are you a technical writer who can teach us a thing or two? We’re seeking a technical writer to join us on our mission to deliver great docs to our users.
There’s no set path to becoming a good technical writer. We’re less concerned about specific qualifications or experience, and more interested in the skills you have, and your desire and ability to learn. If you have the right skills, we can teach you anything else you need to know. And if you bring new skills and experience, we want to learn from you too.
We’re looking for someone who can quickly form good working relationships with developers, and work collaboratively to produce phenomenal documentation that simplifies, explains, and empowers users to get the most from Unity products. This includes a mix of writing from scratch and revising draft documents supplied by developers.
Are you ready to join a hard-working, dynamic team of technical writers, content managers, and information architects working across countries and timezones to support Unity’s passionate community of creators? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing
- Write, edit, and review user guide and API documentation to help users get the most from our products.
- Support multiple development teams to deliver high-quality technical content within a fast-paced software release schedule.
- Use internal templates, standards and our in-house style guide (based on the Microsoft Writing Style Guide) to create clear and reusable content.
- Help a globally distributed team improve the documentation user experience for our amazing community.
- Champion the role and importance of documentation within Unity and across the writing community.
What we’re looking for
- Impeccable standard of written and spoken English.
- The ability to make complex and highly technical information easy to understand.
- Experience balancing multiple priorities and delivering results on schedule.
- Proficiency with technology.
- Experience writing and publishing user-facing documentation for an international audience.
You might also have
- Game development or graphics experience
- Experience producing documentation using Markdown and/or XML, as well as understanding of source control tools (e.g. GitHub, Mercurial).
- Experience using issue trackers such as JIRA to track project tasks.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Brighton, United KingdomDate posted: 2022-01-20