Technical Program Manager-Platform Hosting Engineering
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
At PlayStation, we invite you to use your skills, time, and passion on projects that are building for the future. We’re looking for people who want to make a difference, love working with creative, dedicated , and collaborative teammates. If that sounds like something you would enjoy doing, we want to hear from you! Come help us build a world-class cloud platform capable of delivering fun and unique gaming experiences to millions of players.
SIE seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of Technical Program Manager (TPM) within the Platform Hosting Engineering (PHE) organization. The teams within PHE provide core technical capabilities to host the PlayStation Network (PSN), including global traffic management, cloud infrastructure, monitoring and telemetry. This successful candidate will help drive projects within the team and across other global SIE engineering teams. Partnership, communication, and the desire to move us forward and deliver are key in this role.
- Own and drive end-to-end delivery of multiple, large, cross-regional, cross-functional initiatives with multi-level dependencies.
- Work closely with engineers and engineering managers to create detailed execution plans, understand technical dependencies, define use-cases and desired outcomes
- Coordinate and collaborate with both internal and external partners to estimate efforts, define targets, implement, and deliver with high standards
- Work with key partners on gathering requirements, identifying risks, lead schedules, and communicate the status across Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps, handle issues and provide support to teams balancing opposing priorities. Get results proactively.
- Contribute to establishing standard methodologies and metrics for the organization with continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, working across engineers, product management, program management, and all levels of leadership
- A strong desire to partner and build lasting, positive relationships across the company
- Self-starting, self-managing, thorough, and able to stay organized while driving multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to influence beyond the immediate team and establishing shared goals across multiple leaders
- Demonstrated success managing large-scale, cross-organization projects, resolving priority conflicts, and delivering on-time and on-budget
- 3-5 years of experience working in a program/project management capacity in technology environment; 2+ years of that experience in a software development environment
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: San Diego, CADate posted: 2021-12-11