Technical Program Manager - Engineering Effectiveness
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Technical Program Manager - Engineering Effectiveness
Location: Waterloo, ON (Canada)
We are seeking a Technical Program Manager to be the technical delivery driver and champion of our engineering effectiveness teams. In this role, you will act as a servant leader who collaboratively plans, implements, and mitigates risks and dependencies while providing clear, timely communication to team members.
You will work with multiple scrum teams, and collaborate with globally distributed engineering teams to deliver high quality, fast, and secure experiences to millions of players.
You will use industry standard methodologies for scheduling, tracking and execution of our projects as well as initiating, planning, and carrying out cross team programs.
You will have a balance of people, organizational, and technical skills.
About our team:
We are part of the Engineering Effectiveness organization, which provides the tools and processes that enable development teams within our Experience Technology Group to do their job: building incredible experiences for our customers!
Our team owns the reliability, scalability and performance of infrastructure and systems that power our build, test, and release tooling, as well as the pipelines responsible for delivering our user-facing applications to PS4/PS5, Mobile, Web, and PC.
- Empower development teams to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity
- Drive cross-team and cross-org alignment around efficiency
- Initiate and guide deep technical design discussions within our teams, and across partner teams, and ensure that we are building the right systems and keeping the quality high
- Maintain team focus on strategy and goal-oriented results
- Provide ongoing transparency into the progress, risks, schedules, and timelines of the features in development
- Lead cross-team architecture discussions to standardize design decisions across departments
- Handle interdependencies with other teams, negotiating and prioritizing as appropriate
- Develop and lead end-to-end implementations toward technical standards and expected delivery dates
- Inspire and help your teams to build innovative solutions and proactively bring new insights, technologies, and methodologies to the table
- Thrive in a high autonomy environment surrounded by unsolved problems
- Collaborate with team members from PlayStation offices around the world
- 4+ years of Program Management and Project Management experience
- Project Management experience with agile methodologies, including experience with scrum master, software architect, product manager and/or product owner roles
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience in hardware or software development with established technical capability
- You have a strong sense of ownership
- You are able to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- You have outstanding oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate equally well to software engineers, product managers, and executives
- A strong understanding of software engineering methodologies
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools, and understanding of what's required to build end-to-end CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of deploying, operating, and managing customer-facing services in AWS or other cloud platforms
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: Waterloo, ONDate posted: 2021-12-16