PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device.
As a Technical Buyer, you are able to handle all aspects of the procurement process for the Future Technology Group within SIE. You enjoy facing new challenges and the sense of accomplishment from tackling them. Never a dull day, a balanced mix of projects ensures that the work is both challenging and fast paced.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage sourcing activities for professional services, hardware and software.
- Issue and manage purchase orders and supplier material schedules. Improve lead times as needed
- Contract Strategy and Execution: Lead the business negotiation process with external suppliers. Own contract initiation and closure.
- Develop negotiation approach, fallback positions, acceptable terms and conditions.
- RFx Services: Own and lead the supplier interface for all RFI, RFP and RFQ services. Partner with appropriate internal teams.
- Present RFx results to evaluation team and drive the closure of sourcing decisions.
- SLA Performance: Continuously measure and improve supplier actual performance against mutually agreed SLA.
- Competitive Benchmarking: Identify key benchmark suppliers in RFx efforts. Partner to identify evaluation criterion and provide relevant data back to internal team.
- Cost Modeling : Ensure best in class pricing is secured for Datacenter Infrastructure and Operations. Build should-cost models when appropriate.
- Supplier engagement: Lead and coordinate all efforts to identify, survey, audit, assess and qualify new suppliers.
- Preferred Suppliers: Identify, qualify and formalise which suppliers are on FTG's preferred supplier list. Ensure internal partner alignment.
- Supplier Development & Management: Lead business review process to measure, analyse and identify points of strength and weakness with regards to supplier performance. Issue supplier corrective action requests and development plans, as needed.
- Drive continuous improvement of supplier performance (e.g. cost, terms, quality, timely delivery).
- Review supplier roadmaps regularly to ensure alignment with SIE initiatives, drive changes as needed.
- Communicate authoritatively and actively with all partners throughout the project lifecycle.
- Perform market, supplier and commodity analysis on an ongoing basis.
- Be the sourcing subject matter authority helping to identify and demonstrate best practices in the realms of procurement, supplier management and category management.
What we are looking for:
- Experience sourcing and a technical understanding of server, storage and/or networking hardware.
- BA/BS or equivalent with 5+ years of experience.
- Ability to quickly absorb and apply relevant technical information
- Experience with creation and improvement of business processes and documentation
- Experience presenting to all levels of the organisation
- Ability to alternate seamlessly between tactical and strategic work
- Proven success in contract negotiation relative to commodities, equipment and software. Must be analytical and results focused.
- Prior experience in the cloud industry, computer hardware or related field is desired.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23