ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent AAA developer working on its Battle Royale 2.0 Off The Grid in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by serial entrepreneur CEO, Vlad Korolev and CSO Alexander Zoll. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent comes from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers (Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ etc) as well as Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp, Chief Visionary Officer, and the author of the Altered Carbon series, that has been adapted into a popular Netflix show, Richard K. Morgan, Script Writer.
Gunzilla Leadership team includes well-known industry professionals like Timur Davidenko, Chief Technology Officer (Far Cry, Warface, and Crysis), Luke Davis, COO, Executive Producer (Star Citizen, Driver Club, Total War), Scott Probin, Game Director (EA Sports NHL series, the Need for Speed franchise, Populous 2, Powermonger, Space Hulk), Jussi Keteli, Art Director (Gears of War series, Star Citizen, and Hunt: Showdown), Oleksiy Plaksin, Art Director, (Moto GP and RIDE, Warface and Act of Aggression, Sniper: Ghost Warrior), Dmitriy Markov, Technical Director (Metro: Exodus, Arktika.1), Volodymyr Savin, Audio Director (Cut the Rope, Metro Exodus, HBO Chernobyl series).
- Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
- We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we’re strong together, we thrive together.
- Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
- Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
- Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We’re proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we’re building.
ABOUT THE JOB
Gunzilla Games is looking for a Technical Animator with a heavy focus on character rigging to be responsible for building production-quality rigs/tools and collaborating with animators to support the needs of the Animation department. The ideal candidate for this position demonstrates both strong technical knowledge and interpersonal skills.
- As a Technical Animator, you will:
- Rig bipedal characters, weapons and props in Maya
- Create scripts and tools to improve the rigging and animation process
- Collaborate with animators to maintain and improve the animation pipeline
- Work closely with concept artists, modelers, designers, programmers, and animators to help take characters through the character pipeline
- 2-3 years of industry experience with at least 1 AAA project shipped from beginning to end
- Education in Rigging and Scripting in Maya and/or equivalent industry experience
- Demo reel or a work sample that demonstrates your rigging, skinning, and tool development prowess
- Familiarity with current animation technology like rigging techniques, motion capture, facial capture, physics, etc.
- Works well in a team environment with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with animation or at least working knowledge of animation principles and techniques
- Experience with Python and MEL
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with task tracking software like JIRA
- Experience with version control systems (Perforce, Subversion, Git, etc.)
- The current generation console experience will be a benefit
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership
COME AS YOU ARE
Videogames are for everyone, so everyone should have the opportunity to create them. We’re looking for a huge variety of unique life experiences to help shape the worlds we’re developing, so promise your application will be given the same consideration as everyone else’s, regardless of your background. Let’s make video game history together!
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Here’s what you can expect when applying at Gunzilla.
· Simply fill in the registration form and send us your CV & Portfolio, if applicable
· If your selected, you’ll be contacted by our recruitment team for a Zoom call.
· After this the next steps would be Hiring manager and Team Zoom interviews, or you’ll be invited to meet us at our recruiting studio.
· Some roles require a competency test, which the recruitment team will support you on.
· Following your interview, we’ll contact you either way.
· If the interview went well but we feel you aren’t suited to the specific role, we’ll retain your details (with your permission) for future consideration.
Apply for this job
Location:Date posted: 1970-01-01