As a Technical Animator, you will be part of an industry leading team of veterans focused on delivering the pinnacle of animation pipelines and technologies to our company.
We are always looking to the future to inspire us here and now, and endeavour to bring to life the best in new inspiring technologies in our field. This is a broad mandate and covers a great deal of technology that our company relies upon, including next gen facial animation rigs, human and creature body animation rigs, industry leading Maya animation pipeline, Cross platform deformation plugin technologies, source control file management and curation, external pipeline integration, animation implementation. The list is extensive, but the philosophy is simple - to make highly technical pipelines and procedures accessible and usable for the rest of the company.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out: https://youtu.be/cXjp7SRBpIA
What do our Technical Animators do?
- Collaborate with various cross-functional teams to bring characters and vehicles to life.
- Create, maintain, and support technical animation pipelines and tools to deliver cutting-edge animations and workflows.
- Support multiple animation teams in developing their own pipeline requirements and ideas, with a view to benefiting the team as a whole.
- Implement how characters within the project will interact, transition, and function from concept to final implementation in CryEngine.
What do we expect from our Technical Animators?
- Experience with Maya animation and rigging systems.
- Familiarity with coding languages, such as Python and/or C++.
- Ability to effectively understand and communicate technical animation requirements across a range of disciplines.
- A proactive hands-on approach, with a drive to get animation in game and working well for the players.
- Ability to work well in a cooperative, cross-functional agile team environment.
CIG Diversity Statement
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
Location: FrankfurtDate posted: 2021-12-11