Technical Animator (Character Rigger)
The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com.
A Technical Animator at The Gearbox Entertainment Company joins our Technical Animation team with a heavy focus on character rigging and is responsible for building production-quality rigs / tools and collaborating with animators to support the needs of the Animation department. The ideal candidate for this position demonstrates both strong technical knowledge and interpersonal skills. The Technical Animator reports directly to the Lead Character Rigger.
• Rig characters, props, weapons, vehicles, etc. for animation in Maya
• Create scripts and tools to improve the rigging and animation process
• Collaborate with animators to maintain and improve the animation pipeline
• Work closely with concept artists, modelers, designers, programmers and animators to help take characters through the character pipeline
• 2-3 years of industry experience with at least 1 AAA project shipped from beginning to end
• Education in Rigging and Scripting in Maya and/or equivalent industry experience
• Demo reel or work sample that demonstrates rigging, skinning, and tool development prowess
• Familiarity with current animation technology such as rigging techniques, motion capture, facial capture, physics, etc.
• Works well in a team environment with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus Points For:
• Experience with animation or, minimally, a working knowledge of animation principles and techniques
• Experience with Python and MEL
• Experience with Unreal Engine 4
• Experience with task tracking software such as JIRA
• Experience with version control systems (Perforce, Subversion, Git, etc.)
• Current generation console experience
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Location:Date posted: 1970-01-01