Subscription and Engagement Manager
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Subscription and Engagement Manager
San Mateo, CA
Our team operates within the wider ‘Services Commercial’ group who are dedicated to driving growth of PlayStation’s subscription services. This wider group strives to maximise new customer acquisition, minimise customer churn and provide a compelling reason for people to return to the service year after year. Our products, PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now, are critically important to PlayStation’s vision and strategy. PlayStation Plus is subscribed to by the majority of PlayStation users and PlayStation Now has seen huge growth since re-launching in October 2019.
This role specifically sits within the ‘Customer’ team who are accountable for bringing together a wide variety of stakeholders (Marketing, Communications, PR, Merchandising, Product, Engineering) and driving a cohesive approach to the customer experience. We strive to ensure that every PlayStation subscriber gets the most out of their membership, has an enjoyable and fun experience, can access their benefits easily and develops a loyalty with us which makes them want to maintain their subscription in the years to come.
Core to our strategy is changing the way in which our subscriptions are perceived – away from a money-for-service transaction and moving towards a membership service with a sense of community. This role is specifically focused on achieving that objective. Focusing heavily on customer engagement is a new direction of focus for PlayStation Services and we’ll need someone with ambition, ideas, a can-do attitude, and the ability to see things through the eyes of the customer to achieve our challenging vision. You will be creating plans for engagement activities, working collaboratively to deliver your strategy on how to maximise customers’ perceived value, drawing inspiration from other subscriptions and competition, and owning the engagement story to provide a depth of insight and understanding in our performance – all the time focused on data-driven decision making.
The Customer team are on a growth journey – the business is putting more and more emphasis on tracking, understanding, and influencing how customers engage with our platform, benefits and products. We’re looking to expand significantly over the next 18 months, and we want you to not only help us with that journey, but to be a leader in our next evolution.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing and implementing a benefits engagement plan – maximising the value our customers attribute to their subscription
- Working with our delivery teams to align on and prioritise engagement activities
- Project manage complex campaigns for both mass-market and targeted audiences
- Be a champion of best practice and competitor insight
- Define requirements for and optimise an engagement-focused reporting suite
- Use that engagement insight to explain trends in both engagement and sales performance
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years’ experience in customer focused roles
- An understanding of a Gaming and Subscriptions customer and their needs
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders and bring colleagues with you on a journey
- A data-led mindset, comfortable with measurement and interpreting analysis
- Experience of driving loyalty through customer-facing activities
- Comfortable presenting and story-telling with all levels
- Intermediate skills in Excel and Powerpoint
- Bonus: Subscriptions background/understanding
- Bonus: Experience in management of staff
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: San Mateo, CADate posted: 2021-12-11