Stylized Senior Creature Animator (Online Project)
Our Creature Animation Team
Guerrilla is looking for a Senior Creature Animator with extensive experience animating stylized animal movement and behavior. As a Senior Creature Animator, you will be part of a diverse team of animators that collaborates closely with Game Design, Visual Design and Code to create engaging creatures for our compelling gameplay. As a Senior Animator for this dedicated creature team, we will look to you to deliver world-class creature animation quality in both aesthetic and in-game contexts.
What you will do
As the Senior Creature Animator, you will ensure that your animation output continuously meets Guerrilla’s high standards, while keeping out a keen eye for ways to push boundaries and level up the discipline. You will apply your animation knowledge to create real-time animalistic movement with a focus on quality and realism, while collaborating with game designers and programmers to fulfill tasks according to the production plan.
As Senior Creature Animator, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Create compelling, entertaining and visually appealing highly stylized hand-keyed creature animations
- Take ownership of your work, and guide it to successful completion from start to finish.
- Be proactive and bring originality into your work
- Mentor, train and inspire the animation team and help them grow and develop
- Work closely with the Animation Director, Lead Animators, Design, AI, Art direction, Anim Tech and other departments to realize the vision of the team.
Who you are
We would love to hear from if you:
- Have honed your skills as an animator in the game industry for at least 5 years. Additional experience in parallel industries such as VFX is a definite plus!
- Demonstrate and excel at stylized key-framed animations of characters/creatures large and small;
- Are comfortable to collaborate with the Game Director and Animation leads to ensure that the animations meets expectations of quality, consistency and style;
- Have clear and correct communication, strong problem solving skills, and a willingness to support the team, and production where needed;
- Possess excellent working knowledge of current animation techniques and Maya;
- Are high on initiative, have great written and verbal communication skills, and know how to manage your time effectively;
- Are keenly aware of the state-of-the-art developments within the game industry and you want to push it to the next level.
- Are comfortable to handle feedback and open to changes in direction;
- Have a traditional animation background or show skills in hand drawn animation
- Can display multiple levels of stylization, from broad action to locomotion
- Proficiency with Game Engines
- Experience in collaborating with outsource partners
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply by hitting the “apply now” button or by following this link: Be sure to submit your CV, Cover Letter and Showreel where you showcase your best and most recent, relevant work.
Please note: This position is based in our studio in the heart of Amsterdam. Guerrilla offers relocation and immigration support.
A practical skills test will be part of the selection process. Selected candidates will be informed about the details of this test in due time.
Location: AmsterdamDate posted: 2023-01-03