Stylized Senior Character Animator (Online Project)
Create stylized keyframe animations for real-time movement.
OUR CHARACTER ANIMATION TEAM
Guerrilla’s Character Animation team focuses on creating high quality in-game animations to ensure the player's experience can be as immersive and believable as possible. As a Character Animator, you breathe life and personality into both our player characters and NPCs. As a member of this team you will collaborate closely with other departments to create stylized AAA content from the initial prototype to the final shippable version.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You have to be very comfortable with creating stylized keyframe animations and evidence the ability to explore and portray a variety of personalities through your animations.
As a Senior Character Animator, we will look to you to:
- Create compelling, entertaining and visually appealing highly stylized hand-keyed gameplay animations for player characters and/or NPCs
- Collaborate closely with Design, AI, Art Direction, Animation Tech and other departments to realize the vision of the team
- Take ownership of your work, and guide it to successful completion from start to finish
- Be proactive and bring originality into your work
- Mentor, train and inspire the animation team and help them grow and develop
WHO YOU ARE
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have at least 3 years of relevant experience as an animator, and can share portfolio samples showing a focusing on stylization and a good range in characterization
- Excel at creating dynamic, expressive stylized keyframe animations
- Possess strong knowledge of traditional animation principles and how to apply them to enhance character appeal and gameplay
- Have a basic understanding of animation network setups
- Have strong communication skills
- Have a background that adds to the diversity of Guerrilla’s team
- Have a traditional animation background or show skills in hand drawn animation
- Can display multiple levels of stylization, from broad action to character performance
- Proficiency with Game Engines
- Experience in collaborating with outsource partners
You can expect a practical skills test to be part of the selection process. Selected candidates will be informed about the details of this test in due time.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit your CV, Cover Letter and a link to your reel where you showcase your best and most recent, relevant work.
Please note: This position is based in our studio in the heart of Amsterdam. Guerrilla offers relocation and immigration support.
Location: Amsterdam, The NetherlandsDate posted: 2023-01-03