Studio Development Director (PMO)
About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is dedicated to crafting team-based games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork. We’ve forged enduring experiences within some of gaming’s most beloved franchises over the years and are now entering a bold new era fuelled by ambitious projects utilising both established and original IP, a move into self-publishing and expansion into new locations.
We're advocates for a healthy work-life balance and believe that our teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. We're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Our efforts have been recognised with several best employer awards over the years. Most recently, we were awarded the coveted 3-star ‘world-class employer’ accreditation by Best Companies and named the 58th best large company to work for in the UK, and the 29th best large company in London.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 situation, we're all currently working from home. We continue to hire across our projects and will set you up remotely for the time being.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with the 24/7 Babylon digital GP service
- Get mental health support from our trained Mental Health First Aiders or via our third-party counselling service
- 24/7 employee assistance helpline offering advice and support on a range of topics, including health, relationships, finances, and the law
- 25 days of annual leave, plus 8 public holidays and our annual closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Industry-leading fully-paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
- Enhanced company pension contributions
- Our famous social events are open to you and your family to help you build friendships and have some fun along the way
- Group life assurance scheme
As a Studio Development Director, you will join the Project Management Office (PMO) and be supporting all the complexity inherent from overseeing the quality of project management across our projects. You are responsible for creating, implementing, and continuously improving highly effective processes, tools, and development methodologies which can be established across all our development teams.
- Conduct and own our project management audit review process, ensuring advanced auditing of all documents required and providing a summary report with defined actions required.
- Promote the usage of best practices for project management for all projects, both simple and complex.
- Provide consulting for troubled projects.
- Develop project management training, certification, and development processes within the organisation so we become a centre of excellence for project managers.
- Increase the level of assured competence in our project management discipline.
- Establish a commonality of process and standardisation of terminology.
- Help define standardised processes for defining, initiating, and monitoring a project.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve Splash Damage production processes and drive improvements across consistency, budget management, quality, and on-time delivery.
- Build and ensure effective execution of Splash Damage production reporting and change management.
- Support with project tracking, reporting, and stage gate reviews.
- Assist in the development and deployment of our development framework for Splash Damage.
- Creation and management of ‘How to’ documentation and video training.
- Create project management development programmes which reflect project requirements, the needs of the discipline, and overall objectives for our company.
- Standardise our project management artifact templates in a central repository.
- Supervise/shepherd our PMO processes across all studio projects, ensuring operational excellence.
- Help mentor project management staff through each of the development phases for their projects.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and collaboration across projects.
- Drive external stakeholder alignment rituals, including Stage Gate Reviews with Studio Leadership.
- Develop scalable value-driven processes.
- Help with studio reporting covering inter-department data (allocation, utilisation, attendance, task tracking, etc.)
- Coordinate, collect, and analyse project data from various stakeholders across the business.
- Assist with improving our PMO systems and tools, as well as developing project management artifact templates.
- Drive our documentation standards using a centralised PMO knowledge base.
- Evaluate the competencies of project managers to not only recruit the right candidates, but also to improve our project manager’s professional development.
- Monitor and compare planned objectives, requirements, risks, schedules, and budgets against what is being delivered for each project.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Expansive experience in hands-on game development project management; ideally delivering AAA games in a Development Director capacity, or similar.
- Deep knowledge of project management tools/software (e.g., Excel, Jira, Confluence, SharePoint, and Teams.)
- Exceptional communication skills, analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, organise, and navigate between multiple projects and priorities.
- Skilled in various project management methodologies (Agile, Kanban, Waterfall, etc.)
- Social intelligence, strong interpersonal skills, and empathy for creative teams.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
Location: London, EnglandDate posted: 2022-01-20