Sr. Technical Content Strategist
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Technical Content Strategist
San Mateo, CA or Remote
As a Sr. Technical Content Strategist, your role will be to broadly understand our content, listen to our partners’ content needs and difficulties, and propose solutions to improve our partners’ overall information experience. This role involves researching trends, interviewing partners, and analyzing content patterns and data. This role is less focused on the writing or editing of actual content. We are looking for someone with the ability to assess the existing content, recommend strategies for improvement, develop maintenance policies, and implement an ongoing content strategy vision.
What you'll be doing:
- Owning the overall content strategy vision and voice for the various PlayStation content portals.
- Developing maintenance processes and workflows for handling existing content.
- Working with our various business partners to anticipate, coordinate, and prioritize content to meet audience needs. An example of meeting a need is drawing the audience’s attention to beneficial information that might be hard to find.
- Endorsing and promoting the creation of high-value content from our internal SMEs.
- Ensuring content is properly classified using the available content tags in our taxonomy.
- Evaluating our existing content architecture against industry standards and best practices.
- Identifying content opportunities and exploring ways to repurpose existing content throughout the site. For example, identifying and creating links across technical content to improve information access.
- Monitoring content traffic and analytics and proposing improvements to relevant content teams based on this data.
- Responding to content feedback and implementing changes to our doc portal’s layout and content based on usability testing.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in deploying and maintaining an information architecture for a support portal or customer knowledge base.
- Proven experience with delivering content to meet an audience’s needs.
- Awareness of the processes and teams involved in developing console applications and the technological knowledge of each.
- Experience with game-development tools and middleware.
- Experience with game/application development for consoles.
- BA/BS Degree from a four year college.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23