Sr. Technical Artist - Houdini Procedural Pipeline
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Toronto is on the lookout for talented Senior Technical Artist who possess a passion for staying current with latest technologies in the field to help keep our dynamic art visuals at the cutting-edge regarding motion and deformation. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Oakville, Ontario.
WHAT WE DO
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout Art - from content creation through to the game (across multiple platforms).
- Create and maintain tools and pipelines that improve our Art workflows.
- Provide general support for an ever-growing Art team and document/share solutions/knowledge with wider team.
- Proactively use knowledge and experience to identify and solve problems before they affect the Art team and our projects.
- Work closely with fellow Technical Artists as part of a global team working on interconnected tools and systems.
- Collaborate and communicate with other departments (aside from the Art department) such as Tools and Runtime (Engine) teams.
- This is a senior Technical Artist role. The candidate could potentially be involved in a wide variety of technical tasks related to Art.
- Create tools within Houdini/Substance/Maya/Blender in Python/QT.
- Create, maintain and optimize advanced HDAs to help with procedural creation of artwork.
- Work with Runtime and Art teams to push engine features which improve our Art processes within the constraints of the platforms we are targeting.
- Write new Automation tasks to support our ever expanding and varied Art requirements across multiple projects.
- A relevant degree or professional experience in the game industry as a Technical Artist or similar/related position from industries such as Film/VFX.
- In the absence of the above; videos or an online portfolio with relevant examples of your work will be required so we can assess your skill set.
- Strong communication, self-management, and organizational skills.
- Experience mentoring other teammates in the technical aspects of Technical Art.
- Experience applying machine learning/deep learning (ML/DL) approaches to production scale problems.
- Experience programming C++ plugins for DCCs.
- Experience using other game engines (e.g. Unreal/Unity or proprietary tech).
- Professional experience as an Artist, Rigger or Animator in games or Film/VFX.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23