Sr. Software Engineer, Mobile Engineer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Software Engineer, Mobile Engineer
San Francisco, CA
You will be a key member of our mobile app team and determine the core infrastructure of our next generation cross-platform mobile application to enhance the PlayStation ecosystem. Come be part of the team to realize the mobile experience for our 100M+ monthly active PlayStation users.
- Explore the PlayStation App: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/playstation-app/
- Produce and integrate frameworks to support development across mobile and console teams.
- Refine business requirements for implementation in the PlayStation mobile app (PS App).
- Develop a mobile app using modern Agile techniques such as Scrum. You will collaborate with UI designers and product managers to break down requirements into work packages and craft compelling mobile user experiences.
- Develop a production quality application in React Native.
- Design and develop reusable cross platform UI components. You will apply architectural design patterns such as MVC, MVVM, MVP.
- Collaborate with an international team of developers, UI designers, and product managers (USA/Japan/UK/Canada).
- Represent the team in technical forums, present designs, and share experiences with other Sony software development organizations.
- Identify performance bottlenecks and craft solutions to improve customer delight.
- A real passion for developing fluid user experiences.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of mobile development experience.
- Proficient with iOS and/or Android development.
- Expert knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, platform features and new technologies.
- Experience with Agile development methodology (ex: Scrum).
- Expert at measuring UI/App performance, especially around UI response time and network use.
- Experience with open-source contributions, especially library development.
- Experience writing multi-threaded applications.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: San Francisco, CADate posted: 2021-12-16