Sr. Software Engineer (C/C++)
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Software Engineer (C/C++)
San Mateo, CA
We have a unique opportunity to join Sony PlayStation on our Platform Audio team! This team is an industry leader in audio technology. Their contributions improve the system libraries used for both current and next generation PlayStation products.
Here, you would craft and implement technology used for 3D audio, hardware DSP and virtual reality. This software is the foundation of an SDK used by leading game and content developers. Your contributions would directly advance the way audio is used worldwide. If this is you, please apply!
- Sophisticated systems level multi-threaded programming and debugging using C and C++
- Thoroughly review users’ requirements and assist with integration
- Collaborate with international counterparts to contribute to the architectural design and development of audio systems and frameworks
- Partner with vendors to evaluate and implement externally developed functionality
- Prior experience as the main contributor within a similar technology space
- Possess 5 years or more of systems level programming using C or C++
- Proficient with these systems/tools: IDE’s, Source Control (git/SVN), and Issue Tracking (Windows/Linux)
- Exposure to one or more C/C++ compilers: LLVM/Clang, GCC, ICC, Visual Studio or ProDG
- Have a strong grasp of code efficiency and performance optimization
Nice to have:
- Prior embedded system development
- Experienced in writing assembly and SIMD
- Understanding of concepts in digital signal processing (sampling, FFT, convolution, filters, etc.)
- Strong 3D math skills
- Exposure to game audio or audio system, gaming console and/or consumer electronics development
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: San Mateo, CADate posted: 2021-12-11