Sr. Product Manager - (Account Experiences) Family Players & Parental Controls
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Product Manager - (Account Experiences) Family Players & Parental Controls
San Diego or San Francisco CA
Do you play games with family members? Come to PlayStation and build the Best Place to Play for “Family Play”!
We are looking for a Product Manager passionate about crafting the most exciting place to play with the broad variety of members within the family AND providing a safe environment for the family members, especially for children. Your work will let parents have a great time together with their children, while having the peace of mind with safety and parental controls when they play alone.
This role will be based in our San Diego, Los Angeles, or San Francisco office.
The Product Manager will lead end-to-end planning, development, and delivery of company products and experiences. Responsibilities include:
- Envisioning and defining strategy for enhanced experiences for Family players from a basis in experience, research, and data analysis
- Identifying and driving integrations of Family Players (incl. Child Players) experiences onto various company products
- Breaking down sophisticated business problems into simple functional requirements for technical analysis
- Measuring positive impacts to the PlayStation platform and services, including overall customer satisfaction, affinity, and engagement for product offerings
- Working with globally distributed internal partners to develop a competitive roadmap for technology products and assess prioritization on the backlog.
- Defining software product requirements documentation and functional specifications for features and application improvements.
- Collaborating with designers and engineers to identify optimal customer-centric solutions, create end-user prototypes and deliver design specifications for technical implementation.
- Analyzing market and data trends for PlayStation’s products, researching child related regulations, and sharing analysis findings on user research and industry trends to shape product strategy and direction.
- BA/BS Degreeor equivalent required
- Minimum 5 years of experience with progressively increased responsibility in product management of software, services, and/or platforms
- Understanding of the challenges of children online gaming and parental control. Experience in the area is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse set of globally distributed partners and project team members (UX designers, engineers, managers, business teams, etc)
- Experience defining, prioritizing, managing and releasing large-scale consumer products
- Outstanding problem-solving skills with proven track record to break down sophisticated business problems into concise functional requirements
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams without direct management oversight
- Flexibility to work (including travel in the future) for key global partner meetings
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: San Francisco, CADate posted: 2021-12-11