Sr. Product Manage, e-Commerce PS Direct
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
e-Commerce Sr. Product Manager, PS Direct
Since PlayStation’s PS Direct launched in September 2019, our goal is to deliver a first class direct to consumer business. With the launch of PS5 and plans to scale the Direct business globally, this is an exciting time to be apart of a highly visible and maturing product.
As part of our initiative to expand Direct globally while building a First Class experience, we are looking for people who can help us scale, mature and innovate on an e-commerce platform.
This Sr. Product Manager will be responsible for defining requirements and deliverables focused on post-purchase experience. We strive to create a team that matches our customer base. Seeking candidates that value curiosity, engage and build diversity as well as an inclusive working environment.
- Fully own and be responsible for grooming your backlog, maintaining and proactively communicating the roadmap for your features and product and drive prioritization.
- Prioritize features based on product strategy and global business objectives
- Understand and communicate how your product is used in market, based on customer feedback, research and data, feeding back into future requirements and product roadmap
- Continually learn and develop in order to be a subject matter expert with respect to the competition and technology around direct-to-consumer omni-channel retail
- Seek to understand problems first, not solutions
- Facilitate design sessions with global cross-functional teams, design and engineering, defining solutions for new features/capabilities that are compelling, create a seamless customer experience and realistic to implement
- Work closely with key internal global business partners to elicit requirements for new functionality.
- Synthesize clear, comprehensive and concise stories for the customer experience and partner with engineering teams to ensure we build the right thing and ship it at the right time articulating the “why” to the teams building the product
- Partner with Program Management as they supervise delivery, manage timelines, resolve blockers and risks.
- Ensure features are backed by important metrics, and that success is measured on an ongoing basis.
What we are looking for:
- You are someone who values fulling owning and running with your projects and do not hesitate to ask questions, clarify.
- You are proactive, collaborative and solution-oriented, driving your work forward and to completion.
- You value your soft-skills in relationship building and management with your stakeholders, being curious in order to fully understand the problems surfaced.
- You value your strong analytical skills. Ability to synthesize information, apply critical thought and present the information in a clear and meaningful way.
- You see yourself as part of a team and value your ability to move forward or through problems.
- You have 5+ years’ experience as a Product Manager or similar role with direct-to-consumer e-commerce focus
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge with content management systems (i.e. salesforce, sap commerce cloud)
- Playstation gamer a plus
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, strives towards collaboration, working cross-functionally across multiple and complex business and engineering teams, naturally “pinch hits” and operates within a solution-oriented framework
- Experience and understanding of agile software development process.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills - You will be interacting with all types of people (user experience designers, engineers, managers, vendors, partners, etc.)
- Strives to create and contribute to an inclusive team culture; willing to challenge and reflect on internal biases
- The ability to travel domestic and international when safely able to do so
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23