Sr. Information System Engineer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Information System Engineer
San Mateo, California
Sony PlayStation is looking for an Engineer to help support our Future Technology Group (FTG). Our ideal applicant needs to love gaming, building custom solutions and helping your coworkers hurdle seemingly difficult IT obstacles so PlayStation can continue to be the best place to play.
As a primary member of the FTG-IT team, you will be responsible for operating and contributing to the improvement of sophisticated FTG systems engineering needs in a fast paced, challenging environment. The role will entail operational and project-based work across global FTG departments, as well as business units in SIE and Sony operating companies.
The applicant will primarily work on rotation at the San Mateo campus. There is flexibility to work from home depending on workload.
- With minimal guidance, contribute to the support, design and improvement of data center and end user Linux computing platforms
- Actively participate in engineering efforts that help streamline user experiences and efficiency
- Support ML/AI compute cluster environments and local/S3 storage systems
- Leverage systems tools to identify and mitigate anomalies
- Analyze application and systems data to improve sub-optimal behaviors
- Engineer and use automation tools and processes to proactively supervise the health of production systems and respond to events
- Participate in developing policies, procedures and technical reports associated with operating and maintaining infrastructures
- Collaborate with peers in the implementation of new topologies and services
- Collaborate with our Information Security team on multi-functional initiatives and vital investigations
- Some traveling may be required
- Eight + years of dynamic experience supporting enterprise environments including cloud
- Progressive understanding of datacenter, cloud and live production standard methodologies and experience working in live high availability internal customer facing production environments
- Ability to lead medium complexity projects with multiple team members and collaborators
- Author and maintain documentation of systems and processes
- Ability to structure code as a product in a manner that anticipates the type of scale and maintenance required for scopes of work
- Proficient with modern systems OS platforms (Linux, Windows, etc.)
- Proficient with code languages and automation tools (Salt, Landscape, Bright Cluster Manager, Python, etc.)
- Proficient with VMware vSphere clusters, networking and storage
- Ability to design, upgrade, and maintain platform services across on-premises and cloud-based providers
- Experience with light DevOps workloads including management of Ubuntu, Kubernetes, Docker, web applications, filesystems, AWS, S3, etc.
- Experience with Ubuntu desktop management including vulnerability remediation
- Experience in leading technical deployment aspects of a digital and hybrid\remote workplace transformation
- Experience working with global teams
- Experience working with ServiceNow and Jira ticket systems
- Experience with networking principles as they relate systems and code
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23