Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a full-stack software engineer to join our agile high-performance Dev Team and contribute to the Best Place to Play. You will apply your software development skills and Web technologies to delight our users with innovative features. You will work and collaborate daily with a diverse team dedicated to perfection, inclusion, and fun.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of one of the world’s most recognized brands, and to collaborate with PlayStation engineering teams across the globe.
- Collaborate with UX designers and Product Management on requirements.
- Investigate and Resolve reported Defects and work with the QA team members to close on the issues.
- Work on continuous improvement of software, by profiling, refactoring and optimizing the code.
- Work with limited supervision under tight time constraints and respond to constantly evolving requirements.
- Own sharable features and components across several projects and be accountable for the results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field. Equivalent industry experience will be evaluated.
- Solid base in Computer Science, understanding of OOP, Data Structures, and Design Patterns.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience with single-page app design, development, and services integration.
- Expertise in Java, and familiar with Spark
- Experience writing multi-threaded applications
- Experience developing high scale, distributed systems for information retrieval, such as Lecene/Elasticsearch, or Solr
- Works with Docker and Kubernetes in current role
- Passionate about quality and writing clean, readable code that scales and performs well.
- A collaborative teammate, a fast learner, with a positive and can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Built and developed Cloud-based applications or services, preferably in AWS
- Experience with Spring Boot, Kafka, Graph database.
- Experience working with GitHub source code management, and CI/CD frameworks.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies.
- Experience working in Gaming, Digital Media Services, Device Software.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: San Francisco, CADate posted: 2021-12-16