Sr. Financial Analyst, E-commerce
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Financial Analyst, E-commerce
San Mateo, CA
The Global Sales and Business Operations (GSBO) team brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging gamers with PlayStation’s extraordinary products and services. GSBO teams are located in countries across the globe, balancing local relevance with a global perspective. Across our Direct to Consumer, channel partners, and services business, our teams work cross-functionally to bring the best of the PlayStation experience to markets and channels around the world.
This role is the key Finance business partner for the PS Direct team (E-commerce platform on PlayStation store) globally working with the team team to ensure that the forecast and performance is challenged and understood. Reporting to the Director, D2C & Service Commercial Finance Lead, this role provides the commercial analytical support for new propositions and promotions and is a trusted advisor to the commercial team.
What you'll be doing:
- Consolidate, challenge, and build accurate, timely and relevant management information for Global Sales Business Operations (GSBO) and Direct 2 consumer Leadership Teams.
- Collaborate with partners to provide in-depth analysis and support with respect to PS Direct P&Ls (both actuals and forecast).
- Weekly and monthly performance meeting attendance and challenge on performance including Identifying risks and opportunities in budget and forecast cycles.
- Contribute to the annual budget, quarterly forecast, and monthly flash forecast cycles for PS Direct and to be flexible and responsive to business requirements, coordinating inputs with teams across the business & reporting on all key performance targets throughout the year.
- Continuous process and system change to drive efficiency and accuracy for all forecasts and analysis.
- Perform PS Direct analysis, e.g., strategic business cases and consumer investment analysis as well as return on investment.
- Delivery of Exec Management financial reporting and analytics including developing reporting tools and process.
What we're looking for:
- At least 5+ years of related experience (within E-commerce preferred).
- Senior level business partner experience ideally at board or global level
- Strong financial background with ability to evaluate financial impact of business decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (VBA level an advantage).
- SAP / BW experience with experience of planning tools including their development and project management preferred.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, including the ability to present detailed analyses.
- Organized self-starter, with drive and ambition who thrives under pressure, and is capable of confidently working alongside the most senior stakeholders across the wider business.
- Attention to detail, dedication to accuracy & adherence to deadlines.
- Experience of working in a regional group headquarters.
- Experience of digital products or subscription services preferable
- Proven track record of similar roles/tasks in a global company in online services, E-commerce, and/or the entertainment business (games/film/music).
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: San Mateo, CADate posted: 2021-12-11