Sr. Director, Software Engineering
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Director, Partner Platform and Data Engineering
Los Angeles, CA
PlayStation is seeking a Sr. Director of Partner Platform and Data Engineering. The Engineering team will monitor the horizons for emerging trends in Partner Publishing and Development business and technology, evaluate potential implications and opportunities for SIE, craft a strategic technology vision for shared Partner services as well as Data Intelligence. Additionally, the team will work with product and business teams to deliver against Key Outcomes while ensuring we deliver a sequenced integrated roadmap to realize that technology future state.
We are looking for an innovative and creative technology leader who can design a solution that will embody SIE culture and best-in-class Partner Solutions whilst also creating efficiencies for supporting teams.
With both a strategic lens and passion for detail, you will lead the renovation of our environment and drive the renovation effort from design through implementation.
- Clearly establish PlayStation Partners as a platform
- Accelerate Data Intelligence feature delivery for Partner, operations and business insight
- Design based on globally standard processes and solutions for core capability areas
- Productization: Architect our custom solutions as commercial products for use in business operations – (treat our internal customers as if they were external).
- Reuse: Identify and prioritize Partner common components that enable and accelerate multiple transformational programs thus reducing overall time and cost of realizing SIE’s business goals.
- Build re-usable, sharable, and service-oriented architecture for Partners
- Reduce Cost, Deliver Benefits: Reduce total cost of ownership and cost of change, while delivering tangible benefits (financial and business outcomes)
- Rationalize Applications: Advance legacy application dependency and retirement
- Innovate and Evolve: Maintain an evergreen view of our future state application portfolio and actively retire legacy applications. Actively learn about business and technology trends; apply this learning judiciously and innovatively.
- Attract, retain and grow top engineering talent
- 15+ years of engineering management experience, including having managers reporting into you
- A strong technologist with strong product technology background evidenced by 10+ years in Technology & Product Tech roles
- Strong industry wide expertise in Data Intelligence, Data Fusion, and modern ML algorithms
- Capability delivery with strong end to end ownership and a clear track record of leading transformation in the Digital space
- Platform expertise and strong understanding of platform thinking
- Technology thought leadership in the latest advances in market and ability to turn that into clear technology roadmap to meet the business needs
- Global experience delivering global platforms while tailored for local markets and implemented to an excellent standard
- Strong collaborator management across a complex matrix ensuring clarity of communications and meeting collaborator expectations to deliver key business outcomes
- Experience working on enterprise-critical employee-facing system desirable
- Experience with multi-region Cloud hosted solutions a plus
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23