Sr. Design Technologist
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Design Technologist
Design technology is a key pillar of design execution at PlayStation. Through exploratory prototyping and tools development, Design Technologists accelerate innovation timelines and allow us to achieve more elegant and polished final products.
You will join our team and will become a part of the global SONY design community. A group that celebrates the value of design, design thinking and design process. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a global team of designers focused on elevating the standard of design across the organization and explore state-of-the-art concepts and technology.
What We Need You To Do
- Bridge our design and development teams by implementing prototype versions of new features and products using the same technologies used in the real products.
- Navigate the complex and evolving tech stack used in existing products to understand what capabilities our design team can take advantage of, and to help push those capabilities forward.
- Contribute to the development of custom design tools and plugins using modern web technologies.
- Demonstrate professional engineering practices including adherence to coding and documentation standards.
- Stay current with evolving UI and graphics technologies across web, mobile, and native platforms.
- Bring strong attention to detail, polish, and app performance.
What You Bring
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent industry experience
- An appreciation of the details of interface design, including motion, sound, and typography
- Practice using web technologies for aesthetic impact, including high frame rate visual effects
- Experience with common source control and issue tracking workflows
- Working knowledge of design tools such as Sketch and Figma
- Experience with Unity, C#, C++, GLSL, and DirectX a huge plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: San Francisco, CADate posted: 2021-12-16