Solutions Architect, Game Services
At Unity, we are re-inventing the way online games are built, launched, and operated. Our Game Services division focuses on delivering highly scalable, distributed, real-time services, empowering creators to launch new and engaging multiplayer experiences with confidence.
Unity Game Services provides a suite of connected services including matchmaking, voice chat, content delivery, and hybrid game server hosting solutions. We're proud to serve the most successful games being played today, and allow our customers to focus on crafting outstanding content for their living games.
Unity is looking for a highly motivated Solutions Architect for our technical customer-facing team. Our team has a balanced blend of technical expertise, commercial sensitivity, project management, and customer experience skills. Working together with our Client Partners, you will be working end to end throughout the customer journey. From the initial engagement, you will advocate our product portfolio through technical subject matter expertise, helping our team position each product to our potential customers with technical authority.
Being a member of this outstanding team will build your technical skillset, focus and build on your personal development and will see you drive our customers' success, making this a captivating and exciting opportunity.
Have you wanted to play a video game and been greeted by a "service unavailable" message? If your next thought is "I wish I could fix that!" Then this is the job for you!
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the technical customer journey, with a particular focus on business development and technical onboarding
- Own the technical pre-sales process, collecting requirements and surfacing challenges in existing or conceptual implementations; design solutions utilizing our best-in-class game services products; conduct in-depth technical discussions on your proposed solutions
- Collaborate closely with internal cross-functional partners to facilitate fixes, improvements, or adjustments to ensure customer success
- Work with clients to plan a mutually aligned development cycle, and communicate timelines and updates within Unity
- Stay up to date - both on updates to existing products, and new products added to the portfolio
What we’re looking for
- Experience in relevant technology roles including Live Services, Cloud, developer tools, and/or third-party SDK’s
- Strong organisational skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in an evolving environment and drive meaningful next steps
You might also have
- Experience in Solution Engineering or Technical Account Management
- Worked in or with the Video Games industry, or have direct experience with game engines and editors (Unity and Unreal preferred)
- Owned or partnered in running large scale projects with long delivery cycles
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Southampton, United KingdomDate posted: 2022-01-20