Software QA Manager
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software QA Engineering Manager
at Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
Location: Waterloo, ON
Do you have a passion for leading QA teams through delivering exceptional products to the customers? Are you a people’s manager who is always looking to mentor and grow your team members? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create? At PlayStation, we are looking for a Software QA Engineering Manager to drive robust product releases to our customers while managing a highly skilled team of QA Engineers.
The Software QA Engineering Manager will join our Client QA team, and will be responsible for end-to-end QA of console applications within the commerce domain.
- Manage a technical team of QA and SDET engineers while ensuring applications are delivered with the highest quality standards.
- Lead collaboration with offsite teams ensuring successful and timely delivery of project work.
- Define and improve QA processes such as identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggesting improvements.
- Coordinate and manage complex QA activities on projects, collaborating with various members across different locations and provide approvals for releases.
- Provide timely and accurate QA status and progress during all project testing phases, including summarizing QA results at project conclusion.
- Able to guide QA oriented technical decisions in the team and be able to conduct design reviews/code reviews and testplan reviews.
- Partners with other stakeholders in discussions related to automation tools/frameworks and helps adopt them within their own teams.
- Act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process for software engineering.
- Conduct performance evaluations of team members helping guide them towards their career growth and help with hiring new members.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge.
- 2+ years successful software QA management experience including both onshore and offshore teams.
- 8+ years experience of quality Engineering experience.
- Hands-on experience with creating test strategies, test plans, and conducting testing through both manual and automated means.
- Significant experience in developing automation artifacts including test frameworks from scratch using any Object Oriented programming language.
- Some experience with API testing.
- CI/CD experience, preferably using Jenkins
- Managed multiple product releases from QA perspective from start to finish
- Experience with process development/improvements and successful implementation
- Experience working with various stakeholders across multiple teams
- Working knowledge of QA in Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of performance and stress testing
Soft skills (Non-Technical):
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work with various cross functional teams to deliver extremely high quality products
- Strong talent development and leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly effective problem solver
- Willingness to learn and implement new processes
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive
- Hands on experience with tools such as Docker and AWS
- Experience working with console or set-top box devices
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23