Role descriptionThe Opportunity
Unity powers over half of all games and over two thirds of all VR and AR products. We believe the world is a better place with more creators in it, and we do that by putting the most powerful creative tools in the hands of millions of developers and artists.
We’re looking for an engineer to help drive the modernization of services that are at the foundation of everything we do. You’ll build and migrate scale systems while minimizing customer impact, enable users to take full advantage of the next generation of Unity products, and collaborate with the global team to create reliable, high performance services. Your passion for quality and love of learning in a blameless environment will shape and grow team practices and culture.What you'll be doing
- Breaking apart a legacy monolith into a suite of microservices
- Migrating petabytes of data
- Accommodating multi-regional performance needs
- Solid knowledge of the complexities and risks associated with large scale, highly reliable services, and the myriad ways to handle them
- The ability to thrive when frequently context switching across multiple stacks
- An obsession with quality outcomes
- A talent for complex API and software design that builds in future growth needs without sacrificing clarity or usability
- A love of learning
- Experience building Identity and Access Management (IAM) systems
- Knowledge of Go, Java, Postgres, etc
- Experience working in GCP, AWS, etc
- Some familiarity with Kubernetes/Helm/Docker/GKE
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Austin, TX, USADate posted: 2022-01-20