Software Engineer - Team China Tech
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with our technologies, creating new solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Software Engineer in the Team China Tech (TCT) team, you’ll help Riot understand and design software which satisfies China-specific requirements and implement solutions on Riot standard tech stack. In order to bring Riot’s excellent game experience to our players in China and other regions, you need to work with multiple teams inside and outside Riot to drive and deliver high-quality results.
You will report to the Engineering Supervisor of the TCT team, based in Shanghai, China.
- Analyze requirements from various stakeholders.
- Lead and contribute to software product design and development.
- Own and commit to evolving the team’s software to a place where it’s secure, high-performance, stable and serves the players well.
- Collaborate with internal/external teams in the product life cycle, use your collaboration skills and tech expertise to ship the product.
- Hands-on coding and code review, be accountable for the quality and maintainability of the team codebase.
- Mentors junior engineers in both technical and soft skills; helps level up developers in other disciplines.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent years of job experience across software.
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering, with broad theoretical knowledge and practical application of software engineering principles.
- Experienced in at least one of the following programming languages: Java, C/C++, C#.
- Experienced in cloud computing technologies including distributed system design, network, microservice, load balancing, logging, etc.
- Familiarity working in an agile environment.
- Strong teamwork spirit.
- Strong self motivation.
- Good communication skills.
- Experienced in HTML/CSS and web client framework such as React, Angular, or Vue.
- Experienced in ingesting, storing, processing and analyzing large data sets.
- Familiarity with game engines such as Unity, Unreal, etc.
- Familiarity working onsite with customers.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Location: Shanghai, ChinaJob IdDate posted: 2021-12-11