Software Engineer Student Worker, Platform Incubation
The Platform Incubation team provides foundational functionality above and beyond individual platforms and ensures the overall stability and portability of the Unity runtime across over 25 supported and future platforms. The Software Engineer, Platform Incubation will be responsible for adapting our platform support to include new targeted platforms and operating systems, including consoles, mobiles, embedded and other environments.
Unity is widely used to concept, develop and prototype games, industrial applications and a range of other use cases. This has led to strong demand from customers for Unity to provide a connected toolchain from concept to deployment. By extending our platform capabilities, we will enable customers to deploy sophisticated user experiences with an efficient and modern workflow.
Unity is committed to solving the hardest technical challenges, and this role plays a key part in delivering solutions to our customers. The Software Engineer, Platform Incubation will work with teams across Unity, including industry teams who work directly with customers and R&D teams responsible for cross-platform support, systems architecture, libraries, build and load time optimization.
What you’ll be doing
- Extend Unity's platform reach to new hardware and operating systems
- Develop integrations with applications, development frameworks and libraries to support our users
- Proactively identify areas for improvement across the Unity engine with regards to cross-platform functionality, improving build time, load time and iteration time
- Collaborate with other teams to coordinate feature development and ensure correct functionality and portability across platforms
What we’re looking for
- Currently studying relevant subjects such as Computer Science, Software Engineering or Game development
- Must be a great teammate that works well in collaborative situations
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Able to develop and debug C/C++/C# code
- Familiar with rendering stacks such as OpenGL or Vulkan
- Familiar with profiling tools (CPU/GPU/IO)
You might also have
- Knowledge of embedded Linux and RTOS systems (e.g. Yocto, QNX) and embedded SoCs (ARM, MIPS, RISC-V, etc.)
- Experience with console or mobile development
- Experience with Qt
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Copenhagen, DenmarkDate posted: 2022-01-20