Software Engineer - Quality
At Unity, our QA team members are the test and quality specialists for feature areas. We are fully embedded and rely on communication and collaboration to help the whole team deliver quality software. We are responsible for driving the quality culture and enabling problem solving
As part of the 2D QA team, you will be embedded and working closely with development teams for the 2D features. Additionally, you are also a part of Unity global QA team that actively works to ensure the functionality, stability, and usability across all of Unity’s features.
In this role, you will engage with QA team, producers, and development on test strategies and approaches for a variety of projects. You will actively be involved in driving the team towards the best balance of automated and manual tests, and in ensuring tools and processes are in place to continually improve quality across the board. In addition to owning the culture of quality, you are expected to be hands-on and empowered to dive in and solve technical testing challenges as needed.
We believe testing is a craft that requires training and skill. We invest in our employees and expect you to invest in your own professional growth. Our employees love to learn, and challenge themselves as well as each other to grow.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with the entire team (QA, Development, Producers) to ensure we are delivering the highest quality software we can, with an emphasis on improved engineering flow
- Drive the development teams towards continuous improvement and higher quality - Tackle technical problems and help the team to solve their technical problems
- Communicate with peers and teams across Unity to ensure a quality end-to-end experience of all deliverables, while collecting and sharing relevant accomplishments or metrics with local and global teams as needed
- Work closely with developers to provide early feedback on new features, their functionality, and usability
- Develop and maintain the test approach for your designated areas of the product
What we’re looking for
- Experience leading change across teams or organizations
- Working knowledge of using Unity and programming experience with C#
- Knowledge of Automation and Test Infrastructure
- Passion for testing and software development and for solving hard problems with code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You might also have
- Leadership experience
- 2D area knowledge, especially in Unity
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: SingaporeDate posted: 2022-01-20