Software Engineer Intern, Quality
We are looking for a Software Engineer Intern with a passion for quality to join the Release Engineering Group in Brighton, UK.
In this role, you will be empowered to help own the quality of both new features in development as well as maintaining products that are already in public hands. Do you enjoy working with code or have an interest in tooling development? If so, this is the role for you! Through building relationships with developers and other QA Engineers, you will learn how to deliver the best product possible using targeted automated and manual testing.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and implement your own ideas to really make a meaningful impact on the experiences of our users!
This is an 11 month paid internship starting in summer 2022, based in the Brighton, UK office.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborating with developers to build high-quality features focused on improving code quality and development processes
- Crafting and executing detailed manual and automated test suites
- Supporting the development teams in resolving real user problems and driving up the quality bar for your areas of the product.
- Publishing relevant status reports on testing and development activities to identify areas of improvement
What we’re looking for
- You must currently be studying at bachelor level and looking for a placement year starting summer 2022
- Coding experience in an object-oriented programming language such as C#
- Someone confident in communicating with colleagues and customers with a high standard of English
- You should be self-motivated and able to work independently
You might also have
- Experience with Unity or other Real-time 3D applications
- An understanding of automated testing frameworks
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Brighton, United KingdomDate posted: 2022-01-20