Software Engineer II, Mobile/Web
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer II, Mobile/Web
San Francisco, CA
You will be a key member of our mobile app team and determine the core infrastructure of our next generation of cross-platform mobile applications to enhance our PlayStation ecosystem. Come be part of the team to realize mobile experience for our 94M+ PlayStation users.
Explore the PlayStation App: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/ps4/app/
- Develop a mobile app using modern Agile techniques such as Scrum. You will collaborate with UI designers and product managers to break down requirements into work packages and craft compelling mobile user experiences.
- Develop a production-quality application in a client-side framework such as React Native.
- Design and develop reusable cross-platform UI components. You will apply architectural design patterns such as MVC, MVVM, MVP.
- Collaborate with an international team of developers, UI designers, and product managers (USA/Japan/UK/Canada).
- Build on and integrate externally and internally produced frameworks.
- Be called upon to represent the team in technical forums, to present designs, and to share experiences with other Sony software development organizations.
- A real passion for developing fluid user experiences.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of single-page web app and/or mobile development experience.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and new technologies.
- Familiarity with Objective-C/Swift and Xcode or Java and Android Studio
- Experience with Agile development methodology (ex: Scrum).
- Experience measuring UI/App performance, especially around UI response time and network use.
- Experience writing multi-threaded applications.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23