Software Engineer II (Consolidated)
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer II
Are you interested in pushing the boundaries of the game industry? Do you like working at the cutting edge of technology and creating experiences that will touch millions of gamers on PlayStation? PlayStation Network currently has over 100 million monthly active users. We have a phenomenal opportunity to engage and delight our customers at scale!
As a member of our service engineering team, you will craft, develop cloud- based network software services for the PlayStation and other applications/devices. Strong technical background and analytical thinking is expected, and the ideal candidate will be heavily involved in designing, creating and maintaining Java code, as well as providing component and system level designs for Sony’s PlayStation Network platform.
Our team is innovating and developing the next wave of unparalleled game experiences on PlayStation! You will work alongside stakeholders in engineering, product, design, and research to build great experiences for customers and creators around the world.
- Works with other architects and engineers to plan and design how engineering components will fit together
- Design and implement RESTful Web Services API and algorithms
- Produce excellent, detailed design and development documentation
- Works under tight time constraints and respond to rapidly evolving requirements
- Collaborate with others in development technologies, tools, and processes
- Contributes to feature analysis from an engineering perspective
- Drives technical objectives and architectural initiatives
- 3+ years of proven programming experience in Java (or equivalent enterprise back-end) developing web server applications, object-oriented design and design patterns, and passionate about writing high quality and well-architected code
- Experience in building high-performance and cloud based scalable web services. Experience with design and implementation of modern web services architecture and API frameworks
- Experience implementing services backed by NoSQL data stores
- Experience with public cloud design like AWS, Azure or GCE
- Ability to technical deep dive into code and deployment
- Strong understanding of engineering standard methodologies – requirement gathering and analysis, design and develop secure and scalable code with unit tests, participate in code reviews and documentation, experience with multiple technology stacks
- Ability to balance periodic on-call duty, and defensive engineering to minimize impact
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent; Master's degree a plus.
Useful but not required
- Experience with search engines like Lucene, Solr, and ElasticSearch
- Knowledge of DevOps practices, containerization, Docker/Kubernetes
- Data Processing, Machine Learning, Online Gaming domains
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23