Software Engineer, Embedded (Computer Vision Sensor Technology)
Magic Leap is seeking an embedded software engineer with experience working on Linux-based embedded platforms. They will also be comfortable developing kernel modules and device drivers and working directly in the kernel.
We’re building the next generation spatial computing platform, and need engineers who are willing to dive in and help us create the best product possible. If you are the successful candidate, you will get to work on a system that requires strict timing tolerances under heavy loads, novel approaches to displaying content, and much more. You will get to make tough technical decisions that help shape the direction of our product.
- 2+ years of experience in embedded software development
- Strong knowledge of embedded Linux development
- Fluent in the C language, proficient in C++
- Experience with embedded development tools and processes
- Familiarity with Linux performance, memory utilization, and extensible architectures
- Experience in architecting drivers for peripherals over various interfaces, including I2C, SPI, USB, and PCI-E
- Experience in designing and implementing asynchronous or concurrent multithreaded systems
- Must understand common protocols for communication with hardware and other software modules, such as TCP/IP, I2C, PCI, ring buffers, and cross-core interrupts
- Must be a good communicator and self-motivated to complete projects, and enjoy HW/SW debugging
- Experience with RTOS
- A basic understanding of the HW/SW requirements of machine vision
- Experience in a high-volume production environment
- Experience with using JTAG debuggers, logic analyzers, and other debuggers
- Experience with commonly-used mobile operating systems (i.e. Android or iOS)
- Ability to work directly with the hardware team for device bring-up and debugging a plus
- Experience with interprocess communications
- BA/BS is required
- MS or higher is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Location: Plantation, FLDate posted: 2021-12-11