Software Engineer-Cloud Back-End - Streaming
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer – Cloud Back-End - Streaming
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, the Future Technology Group (FTG) team is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device!
As a Software Engineer on the Cloud Back-End Engineering team, you’ll play a key role in the design and development of server-side applications on a large geographically distributed infrastructure.
- Design and implementation of features in distributed back-end systems
- Ownership of the implementation, and delivery of well-defined features from start to finish
- Implementation of unit tests via testing frameworks
- Triage and fix reported bugs
- Communicate estimates, schedules, issues, and dependencies to technical or project lead
- Define and craft integration tests with Test Engineering
- Continually bring new ideas and insights about technology to the engineering team
- Share knowledge for new technologies with the team
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2 to 5+ years of relevant development experience
Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Java/Python/Golang
- Knowledge in NoSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Consul, Elasticsearch, Kibana, and other CNCF technologies
- Knowledge of Linux and Bash
- Skilled in crafting distributed systems
- Understanding of concepts such as concurrency, parallelism, and event driven architecture
- Knowledge of Web technologies including REST and gRPC
- Intermediate knowledge of version control tools such as git and GitLab
- Familiarity with C/C++/Rust
- Familiarity with hardware interfaces (drivers, I2C, SPI, UART)
- Familiar with Agile development concepts
- Enjoys working in a multifaceted and fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Contribution to the open-source community (ie. blogs, source code, etc)
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23