Software Engineer - Backend
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer II - Backend
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
- You will provide strong technical abilities in cloud-based software development and highly scalable API designs
- Design, implement and maintain RESTful Web Services API and algorithms
- Produce excellent, detailed design and development documentation
- Work with team members to deliver features on time, respond to evolving requirements, and strategic shifts in direction
- Familiar and comfortable with Agile/Scrum software development methodology
- 2-5 years of proven programming experience in Java (or equivalent enterprise back-end) developing server side applications, object-oriented design and design patterns, and passionate about writing high quality and well-architected code
- Experience in building high-performance and cloud based scalable web services
- Experience implementing services backed by SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Strong understanding of engineering standard methodologies – requirement gathering and analysis, design and develop secure and scalable code with unit tests, participate in code reviews and documentation, experience with multiple technology stacks
- Ability to balance periodic on-call duty, and defensive engineering to minimize impact
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and cloud architecture
- Knowledge of DevOps practices, containerization, Docker/Kubernetes
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23