Software Development Manager
Cloud Imperium Games is looking for an experienced Senior Development Manager to join our team!
This candidate will work in partnership with Game Production to cover development needs and global initiatives. Right person enjoys tackling diverse challenges while working closely with multiple stakeholders from various disciplines to influence change and reliably deliver results. You would be driving global alignment and accountability within your areas of responsibility throughout development organization.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://youtu.be/cXjp7SRBpIA
What does a Senior Development Manager at CIG do?
- Drives and coordinates complex cross team global initiatives and programs as set by leadership
- Facilitates the efforts of multiple teams and the greater organization to employ Agile practices that maximize game delivery and value
- Acts as an Agile evangelist to provide general or targeted training to the development team, clarifying roles and responsibilities
- Works closely with the production team to ensure that department is aligned with key methodologies and initiatives
- Executes direction, provide support and motivation to team members, making sure that goals and deadlines are achieved
- Run and coach agile ceremonies such as PI Planning, Scrum of Scrums, and PI retrospectives
What do we expect from our Senior Development Manager?
- Experience in a delivery management role within software/game development industry
- Experience in leading complex global programs using a variety of methodologies
- Deeply understand Agile/Lean principles and practices
- Expert with Jira, Confluence and MS Office
- Experience with variety of management tools
- Able to communicate (verbal and written) in a clear and concise manner, tailoring the communication appropriately to the intended audience
- Strong coaching skills alongside negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills
So, if you are an enthusiastic and self-starting Software Development Manager, please apply for this role immediately!
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
Covid-19 Hiring Update
During the pandemic we transitioned to a temporary work-from-home model. We are now working through a gradual return to office plan as improvements of the COVID-19 situation will allow. We’re continuing to interview and hire during this time and while Cloud Imperium is overall an in-office operating company, some roles will start out remotely and others will be in-office from day one of employment. As a general policy, we have a Flexitime policy arrangement that allows for some remote working if and when it meets the needs of the role and the company. The details can be discussed during the interview stage. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you. Also, we follow mask requirements as they keep being updated per local regulations when in studio and we're also requiring full vaccination in order to work in studio.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
Location: ManchesterDate posted: 2021-12-11