Software Development Engineer in Test
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Waterloo, ON (Canada)
Do you have a passion for test-driven development and automation? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems.
- Owns building and setting up Test Automation frameworks to test PlayStation console features.
- Drives testing of complex projects across multiple-teams. Evaluates gaps in testing and drives solutions to write high quality automation to increase test coverage.
- Partners with other stakeholders to ensure test coverage and builds test plans that help deliver high quality features
- Writes automation scripts for features with key characteristics of stability and maintainability which prevents regressions in the product code.
- Works effectively to build automation infrastructure to create CI Pipelines, enable automation runs, develop visualization tools and evangelize them with various QA teams.
- Passionate about quality and strives to improve process, proposes standard methodologies and drives their usage within the teams.
- Mentors the team members and helps with reviewing test plans, automation scripts, and provides feedback.
- Communicates on testing strategy, technical subjects related to testing frameworks, and collaborates effectively with the globally distributed teams to achieve the business goals.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- 2-4 years or equivalent experience in UI automation for web applications including test framework development
- Significant experience in any Object Oriented programming language
- Experience with version control solutions (both centralized and distributed)
- Experience in creating comprehensive test strategies and test plans
- Demonstrated experience with recommending QA process improvements
- Experience with configuring CI pipelines, preferably using Jenkins
- Experience developing or testing on mobiles devices
- Experience with at least one modern web application framework such as Angular/Ember.js/React
- Experience writing code in Python
- Experience with Selenium or Appium
- Familiar with the Page Object Pattern
- Some experience leading a team through testing of complex features
- Experience with asynchronous programming and Promises
- Experience with React Native
Soft skills (Non-Technical):
- Self-starter who loves to take initiative to make improvements to QA artifacts
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can do attitude; yet challenges status quo
- Works independently under minimal direction with strong work ethics
- Able to work quickly and productively in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for writing robust code
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23