Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) Contract
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Do you have a passion for test-driven development and automation? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and CI/CD systems.
At PlayStation, we are passionate about both collaboration and technology. We love building the systems that millions of people use and are our own first customers. We strive to be at the forefront of development technologies and are a diverse company with developers on four continents.
We are located in San Francisco's vibrant SOMA district, within walking distance to phenomenal restaurants, museums and nightlife. This is a 12+ month contract position with competitive compensation.
- Review product requirements and technical design documents to understand how the feature works on PlayStation console.
- Create test plans, test cases and execute them to ensure the quality of new/existing features.
- Execute automated tests and troubleshoot and fix test automation failures.
- Report, track and verify defects
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- 3 years of experience in creating and executing test plans and test cases.
- Extensive background in QA methodologies.
- Have deep understanding of System Integration Testing.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with test case management tools and JIRA.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins.
- Experience working with Git/GitHub.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23